Advertisements

Monday 29 July 2019

Interview with Prasanna Gokhale, CTO, ACT Fibernet

We interviewed Prasanna Gokhale who is the Chief Technology Officer at ACT Fibernet. The company previous known as ACT Broadband has been offering high speed internet services in India for quite some time and it has been offering speeds which other players rarely offer. In this interview, we discuss High-Speed broadband, Gigabit internet, ACT Fibernet's expansion plans, streaming devices and more. On with the interview :- FoneArena: Hello Prasanna, Welcome to the FoneArena Interview. Please introduce yourself and the work you have been doing at ACT Fibernet for the past 5 years. Prasanna: Thank you, Varun. To introduce myself, I am Prasanna Gokhale, Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at ACT Fibernet. I am responsible for network planning, implementation, maintenance for the Internet and Video business across all locations. I have been a techie in the last 5 years and prior to that, I was an entrepreneur in my own company for 5 years. FoneArena: High-speed Broadband has been expensive and a hard to get commodity in India, even in metros. It has changed a lot in recent times I still remember when I traveled to Hyderabad and Bangalore in 2011-2012, the broadband speeds offered under the ‘Beam’ (now changed to ACT Fibernet) branding was great over ...