Broadcom has almost reached a dead-end with its pursuits to acquire Qualcomm as Trump's government has prohibited the take over with regards to national security. White House has ordered Broadcom immediately and permanently abandon the proposed takeover of Qualcomm. Further to the order, the Presidential order has also said that all of Broadcom’s director nominees are also disqualified from standing for election as directors of Qualcomm. As for Qualcomm, White House ordered to reconvene its 2018 Annual Meeting of Stockholders on the required 10-day notice period, is March 23, 2018. Stockholders of record on January 8, 2018 will be entitled to vote at the meeting. The move comes after Committee on Foreign Investment in the US alerting both the companies that it believed the takeover would pose too great a security risk. CFIUS says that it believes that if Broadcom acquires Qualcomm, it would likely cut costs of the American company and weakens its ability to compete against Chinese companies like Huawei and others. It would also let the Chinese have an advantage with the 5G wireless and leave Americans vulnerable. Broadcom is also ordered to give the CFIUS panel a 5-day notice before it relocates to the USA. Not so surprisingly, Broadcom said that it is reviewing the order ...
Check for tech updates, mobile phone launches, specifications and features of mobile phones, top best apps and lot more.
Advertisements
Tuesday, 13 March 2018
U.S. president Trump blocks Broadcom’s acquisition of Qualcomm citing national security concerns
Broadcom has almost reached a dead-end with its pursuits to acquire Qualcomm as Trump's government has prohibited the take over with regards to national security. White House has ordered Broadcom immediately and permanently abandon the proposed takeover of Qualcomm. Further to the order, the Presidential order has also said that all of Broadcom’s director nominees are also disqualified from standing for election as directors of Qualcomm. As for Qualcomm, White House ordered to reconvene its 2018 Annual Meeting of Stockholders on the required 10-day notice period, is March 23, 2018. Stockholders of record on January 8, 2018 will be entitled to vote at the meeting. The move comes after Committee on Foreign Investment in the US alerting both the companies that it believed the takeover would pose too great a security risk. CFIUS says that it believes that if Broadcom acquires Qualcomm, it would likely cut costs of the American company and weakens its ability to compete against Chinese companies like Huawei and others. It would also let the Chinese have an advantage with the 5G wireless and leave Americans vulnerable. Broadcom is also ordered to give the CFIUS panel a 5-day notice before it relocates to the USA. Not so surprisingly, Broadcom said that it is reviewing the order ...
-
Here are the social profile links that I have worked on for Backlinks https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1gAvVQYafqO_jWsSIz3N95Sy3q5KAx...
-
The Optimus L4 II E440 owners may also want to keep their device up-to-date. So we thought of giving you a tutorial of how to upgrade Opt...
-
Vivo launched the vivo V17 smartphone late last year in India with a Super AMOLED display, 32MP in-screen camera, and more. The successor t...